Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98 TS1000L Restoration project with a dash of salt

Hi All,

Well I have taken on a new project for myself, restoring a TS1000L and bringing back to life. The jet ski on the whole is in better than average condition and the engine is 100 % original and untouched, the problem is that it was used in salt water 50% of the time and looks like it was never washed with fresh water properly so the engine has moderate salt water corrosion, the problem is most all the bolts and allen head screws are frozen in place including the crankshaft and I need to pull the engine to work on it. So my question is, are there any tricks of the trade to get the frozen bolts out without snapping off the heads. I heard a mixture of diesel fuel and rubbing alcohol works wonders on rusted and corroded parts but I've not tried it yet. Surely someone out there has incountered a repair that required over comming the salt water corrosion dilemma when it came to removing stainless nuts and bolts. Any help or tips on how to solve my frozen bolts problem would be greatly appreciated.

Re: 98 TS1000L Restoration project with a dash of salt

Try it and report back or get some PB Blaster and soak it down for a week before you start trying to take anything apart.
    Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Where can I pick up some PB blaster? Auto parts store? Marine/boat store? I have been using Deep Creep and W-D 40 but its not been soaking but for a couple of days now. I will give it a few more days.

Comment

Auto parts store.
        Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Working...
        X