Waterlogged Ski - What do I do???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waterlogged Ski - What do I do???

My daugther fell off her Tigershark Daytona 640 last night and flipped in over. I rolled back upright (the way they say - counterclockwise). After it was flipped over we noticed the front of the seat was unhooked and the ski was full of water. We towed it in to shore and put it on the trailer. I got it home took out a spark plug - the moter was full of water! I took out both plugs and turned over the motor until no more water came out. I dumped a little fuel down the plug holes and reinstalled the plugs. After quite a few cranks it turned over. It run rough for a while but smoothed out. The ski will now start and run like it did before it went underwater. I haven't put it back in the water to give it a test run yet. Is everything going to be OK? Or is there something more I need to do to this ski? Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated

Re: Waterlogged Ski - What do I do???

If this was salt it may be too late. If fresh you need to get it on the water NOW. After purging the water it needs to be run HARD on the water for 30 minutes to drive out all the moisture.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

It happened in fresh water. When you say NOW, what do you mean? Can I do the dry out run after work or should I do it over lunch?

Comment

I mean NOW.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I always fog the motor as well... Run it hard as TS has advised...
          then fog the motor just after you flush the motor

Comment

Originally posted by Brian J
            I always fog the motor as well... Run it hard as TS has advised...
            then fog the motor just after you flush the motor
            I answered my own question. It's funny what you can find when you search the forums. Thanks for the help.

How do I go about fogging the motor? I've never done anything like that before. Can you give me some place to start.
            Last edited by shoeman502; 06-07-2005, 04:44 PM.

Comment

After you flush the motor...
              remove the air intake and start the ski and rev the motor a bit while spraying fogging oil down into the carbs... the more you can spray down there the better. heavy white smoke will come out the exhaust... shut the ski down. remember when doing this you are not on the flush kit so do it quick 10-15 seconds...

Comment

Eveything is running fine after the submarine race. Thanks for all the great info. and help.

Comment

Working...
                X