Big Problem or Not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Problem or Not

My bro-in-law bought a tiger shark 1996 770 and was told that it worked last fall! but this year after it was taking out of storage a real newbie to the seadoo game put the manufacturers premixed oil in the magneto case! I understood you are to pour this kind of oil in the opening on the top of the machine on the bow? I'm no mechanic just surfing the web and found this site and thought I would ask the ? thanx:emoticonl

Re: Big Problem or Not

LOL I don't know why SO many people do this...but we get calls on it constantly.

NO, there is not supposed to be ANY oil in the magneto area, and you need to remove the cover to let it all drain out. Oil ONLY goes in the oil tank.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Like I said it's not mine Im just the computer geek LOL so to remove the cover you mean too do what exactly thanx the cover of the magneto case? thanx ur fast:emoticonl

Comment

Yes - remove the 10 or 12 bolts ont he cover, separate it a bit and let it drain fully. A litlte bit of residue won't hurt anything, but let it all drip out.

Comment

wow!!!hehe I'm glad it's his he should be able to ride by Sept!!! thanx again I'll pass this site on to him!

Comment

How do you pour oil in the magneto case

Comment

Some Tigersharks and Kawasakis have a small plastic cap on the top of the housing, for using a timing light. For some reason, a lot of people feel compelled to fill it with oil, even though there is nothing telling you to do so.

Comment

Funny story… I was heading up to the cottage one hot summer day after work. So I called ahead and my father in-law answered. Well to make along story short he said he would get my Jet Ski ready to drop in the water so that when I arrived I could get right out on the lake. Well as he stated he checked the engine oil and there was none… bone dry as he put it. So he filled it up along with the gas tank. Hmm… I thought engine oil. What did you use? That 2 stroke oil over there. Ok… where did you put it? In the engine. Show me? You did what? Well he did fill it to the top… that is to the top of the magneto cover.
                I know have a tag “no oil goes here” affixed to the screw cap on the magneto cover. Ahh… the in-laws “FIL” and “MIL” got to love them, as they mean well but always at my expense.

Comment

It boggles my mind. Does he also fill his car to the top of the fill tube? LOL

Comment

Have you seen the movie Big Fat Greek Wedding? Where the father answer to everything is spray it with Windex... well for him it's spray it with WD-40 Inside and out. LOL

Comment

this has become an interesting thread

PS UPDATE he did get the magneto case apart and says oil drained out ,let it sit for a few hours and then put back together and ran machine and all is well I think the real test is when he gets a chance to take it out on the water! thanx again
                      Last edited by beefy56; 06-16-2005, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X