95 tigershark info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 tigershark info

Got a 95 shark and was hoping to get some info. The pump that mixes the gas and oil broke so we bypassed it and have been mixing the gas/oil manualy. Anybody know the correct mixture ratio? Also, it doesnt want to get out of the watter with 2 people on it. You have to swerve left and right to get it on top of the water. Even with one person it doesnt seem like it has the power it should. The motor was rebuilt when we got it. Is lack of power an issue on these sharks even when they are running like they shoudl? It will run about 51mph with one person but the main thing is low end power, it doesnt seem to have enough of it. Any advice?

Re: 95 tigershark info

I do 40:1 with Yamalube 2W.

Any model TS should be able to get two people on plane easy. You either have pump or engine problems. Does it bog or rev and just won't develope enough thrust?
    Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

The motor is fine. It had a conplete rebuild a while back and doesnt have that many hours on it. It seems to rev fine but doesnt have the thrust to get out of the water. Its the 640 model (i think thats the right cc). If i remember, with 2 people you can have it full throttle and it still wont get on top of the water until you swerve a bit. It has set up about 2 years and i got it running this afternoon. Cranked right up too. I will get some updated stickers this week so i can take it to the river to refresh my memory about the way it performs. BTW which pump are you talking about?

Comment

I still bet your carbs need cleaning. Mine did the same thing this year, it only went 5200 rpm's instead of 6200, otherwise seemed to run fine. I couldn't hardly get two people up, this is how I noticed the problem.

Comment

Working...
        X