Gas gauge and Speedometer problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas gauge and Speedometer problems

Hey guys I'm back! Well since my last post about my BIL's tigershark all was going well, took it out for A rip and worked well, where he launched it was just ok road to shore was very rough and he believes that under the hull it looks like a plate screwed to bottom has kinda a bigger part at the back and then a longer pice connecting it to a front paret of plate almost looks like mini rudder so to speak I went to the parts section and think its the plate ride but the 1 in the picture only shows the back part of the plate it's a 96 tigershark monte carlo! Anyways I guess he just wants to know if this will affect the ride any! And the speedometer was working ..but crapped out in middle of ride and the gas gauge doesn't work any thoughts on any of these things I've been searching for him but have onlr got a few posts that were relevant! thanx Beefy56

Re: Gas gauge and Speedometer problems

here is the part broke what is it and is it critical? thanx
    Attached Files

Comment

heres what it looks like now as described to me over the phone!!!
      Attached Files

Comment

Looks like someone cut the two outer bars from the stock intake grate out. I normaly just cut the center out but it should work good as is.

The speedo is fed by the water pickup on the bottom of the ski near the intake grate. Make sure it is aligned front to rear, A little off and it wont work right. Also check to see if the hose is connected at both ends and is not cracked or cut.

The fuel gauge can be tested by disconecting the two wires leading to the fuel tank sensor and jumping them togeather. The gauge should read full when you do this.

I have used TS parts if needed.
        Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

hey dank, I know this isn't the place, but it goes (kinda) with your reply. Do you have a round MFD? My speedo doesn't work. Previous owner cleaned tube once and got it to work, but I've put a vacuum on it, nothing. I may just live without it, at least the hours, volts, and rpm's work.

OH... I can't get the clock to set right. Following instructions don't work, do you know what to push/when on a '94 750 round MFD?

Comment

Sorry no MFD's they go as quick as I get them but will try to remember you on the next one.

Comment

thanks, BTW I didn't know I was in the tigershark forum. I'm talking for my '94 SL 750

Comment

Just wondering about the pitot for the speedometere should the hole be facing towards the rear of craft or the front I have it facing front of shark now and speedo still no go I'm reading it works by vacuum? thanx again

Comment

Hole to the rear.

Comment

thanx Dank!

Comment

Working...
                    X