Exhaust Gas Sensor location on 96 Monte Carlo 900

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust Gas Sensor location on 96 Monte Carlo 900

Just got done rebuilding the carbs on my second Monte Carlo 900. Put everything back to stock...springs, jets, n&s, pop-off, settings. Runs great! Would like to monitor the engine a little more and maybe fine-tune the carbs...not for performance, just reliability. These engines are not cheap to rebuild ($1499 here), and putting on some gauges is just cheap insurance.
    Back in my kart racing days, we tuned a lot based on EGT. Did some research and found a couple of manufacturers of gauges with sensors, etc. Even Digatron, whose gauges we ran in karting, makes a few nice gauges specifically for this purpose. My question is in regards to the location of the sensors. I purchased an additional header on eBay and want to drill/tap it for the sensors. Noticed on the header these small cylinders that may have even been placed there for locating sensors. Does anyone know if this is ok to tap, or is there a water jacket under this?

Thanks for your help,
    Bud

Re: Exhaust Gas Sensor location on 96 Monte Carlo 900

I do believe there is a water jacket.
    Triple L Racing<br />Novice Runabout 1200 Stock<br />Region 6, #713

Comment

yes there is.

Comment

I have two or three spare 900 manifold if you mess one up or you want one to work on first. $30 plus shipping from NC.
        Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Working...
        X