Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1997 Tigershark 639cc...are cylinders plated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 Tigershark 639cc...are cylinders plated?

I am new to the site and...

I just got a Tigershark Monte Carlo that the previous owner was convinced it needed a topend and disassembled the motor for me...

Anyway, they left the jugs dry and there is surface rust on the bores, obviously these are not coated, but I am wondering if they had been over bored previously...I know I need to measure it.

I am gathering that the stock bore size was 75.7mm and I can get pistons 1mm over if needed. I don't have a manual (yet) and I am new to skies, so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,:emoticonw

Re: 1997 Tigershark 639cc...are cylinders plated?

Do a cylinder exchange with SBT they have the kits ready to bolt on and you know you have everything dont right the first time.
    Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Originally posted by dank
      Do a cylinder exchange with SBT they have the kits ready to bolt on and you know you have everything dont right the first time.
      OK...I will look into that.

Now, are the cylinder sleeves coated? Chrome? Ni-Com? Nickasil? etc? Is the largest piston avail a 1mm over? (not ness. just from SBT)

Will any of the larger motors bolt up to the 640 drive line?

Thanks

Comment

They are sleeved, just like stock. Yes there are larger sizes, at least to 1.5mm. No you can not just swap the blocks.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

OK, thanks guys. I guess the answer I was looking for was...These (stock and SBT) have steel sleeves without any coatings. My cylinders are not bad, just surface rust. I will measure after a cleanup honing and hopefully just 2 piston kits will get me back on the water.
          Thanks,

Comment

Working...
          X