This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 Tigershark 900 with new 1000cc engine

I bought a 95 shark. The party I bought it from bought it new and had nothing but problems with the 900 that it had in it. She had the dealership put in a new 1000 three years ago and hardly ever used it. It doesn't take on water when just pulling skiers or wakeboarders but it does when beating on it. There is a bilge pump on it but I don't know if it works. When the engine is off, I hit the button for the pump and I hear something switching on but it doesn't pump anything. Does the engine need to be on for the pump to work and how would I know if it is working or not.
    Another thing, should there be water spitting out of the water pump when it's just idling? It only spits out water when it is running at about 10 mph or higher and it's very hot. Is this normal?

Re: 95 Tigershark 900 with new 1000cc engine

On th eleft side of the ski is the water bypass from the cooling system and it should be flowing out at above idle. The right side is the bilge outlet and you should only see water come out when the bilge pump is pumping water out.

Now the bilge pump has a 4 amp fuse that protects that circut. Follow the wires from the bilge pump and see if the black wire is ground and the brown wire has 12v when you press the bilge button on the handle switch. If it does then the pump is bas and you can get one at a marine store. Rule 500 GPH.
    Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

I did that last year and it worked for about a day. The main relay still switches on and off, but the pump wasn't doing anything. I checked both fuses because I can't figure out which one is for the pump and which one is for the trim, both good.

Comment

Just tested the pump and it is seized solid. There's one problem. I will just cap the outlet for that hole until I get a new pump. It doesn't take in hardly any water, but if something were to happen, a pump will be nice. The trim should still work with the bilge pump wires leading to nowhere, correct? Which Rule 500gph pump should I get? I see a couple different set ups?

Comment

The SBT Forums are for SBT Product Support ONLY. For all general PWC support/discussion, please post on www.pwctoday.com.

Thank you - SBT Mgt.
          SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
          We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
          Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
          X