1998 TS1000R Waterlines / Overheat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 TS1000R Waterlines / Overheat

Got the ski first time this summer, and it over heats before I can idle out past the no wake bouy. Also did not note any water out the discharge port on the left. Took it home and installed a flush kit in the line coming from the back. I put the connector just after the filter. When I start it and turn on the water, water comes out the rear of the engine at the bottom lefthand side. No water comes out the discharge port on the left of the ski. Is there a freeze plug or something missing?

I have also read about people that have water lines connected wrong. I can not find a good diagram of how they should be. I have looked at browns website. I had the ski in the shop last fall, so I am not sure if it got back together right. Didnt have it out after that.
    Currently I think the line comes from the impeller housing up to the front of the engine. I dont see any other lines off the engine. There is the line from the left port that goes back to the exhaust box with a T to the expansion? cylinder.

Can anybody else with a ts1000r walk me through the routing of there hoses, or other suggestions? I dont think it should be dumping water like that out the back of the engine. I am not sure if it does it while running in the lake, I will check that tomm.

Thanks
    Major

Re: 1998 TS1000R Waterlines / Overheat

Any body have any ideas or can tell me what lines go where?

Comment

Re: 1998 TS1000R Waterlines / Overheat

You should have a line comming in from the jet pump in the rear of the ski to a water filter assembly just behind the rear storage bucket and from there the line goes to a fitting on the left front side of the engine, from there the water flows up through the water jackets in the cylinders then up to the cylinder heads and then out of the cylinder heads through three small hoses one at each head into the exhaust manifold from there the water flows through the expansion chamber and at the rear bottom of the expansion chamber there is another fitting and thats where the discharge hose connects and that hose T's off running one hose to the muffler and the other runs out the port side of the ski. Make sure your inlet screen on the jet pump is not clogged or the hose has become disconnected from the jet pump, also check to see if the water filter screen is glogged with debris.

Comment

Working...
      X