Daytona 1000 Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daytona 1000 Problems

I recenty completely rebuilt the engine on a 97 tigershark daytona 1000.
    Got it out on the water yesterday and it seems to do ok when up on plane but getting there seems kind of sluggish. The engine does not seems weak as it revs up but the thrust just does not seems to be there. How fast should this ski come up out of the water? I ran it around for a few hours yesterday and again today before i tried to go two up on this. It would not come out of the water with two people on it. It just reved hard and would not do it. I did not want to continue to try this being that is a brand new engine, Am i right to assume it should pull two people fairly easily or not?

I am starting to lean towards thinking maybe the impeller or wear ring? The impeller looks to be in excellent shape but the wear ring does not look as good. I did not measure it but i believe it is probably not in spec. Would this cause the problems i am describing? On another not so related subject it seems that the ski is loading up a bit and trying to flood when
    starting as most of the time you have to hold the throttle open to get to fire and then it runs and idles prettly well. any help would be greatly appreciated and sorry for the length of this thread.

Re: Daytona 1000 Problems

correct a worn impeller or wear ring would cause that symptom. Or some damage to the impeller.
    Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Working...
    X