99 TS 770r

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99 TS 770r

ok here we go again......i have done everything that has been said to do. this thing acts like its still tied to the docks on take off, will not get up and go. i have taken the pump, ride plate, shoe, and everything metal that could come off the back of this thing. resealed everyhing with silicone sealer and still doe the same thing. had the impeller reworked by Impros, fits good and snug. motor is turning 6000-7000 rpm's.

Does anybody have any ideas ??

Re: 99 TS 770r

Had the exact same ski in 2 weeks ago. Same scenario. Customer tried everything. $600.00 worth. Except replace a stripped driveshaft and coupler. splines were gone. Check that.
    WATERCRAFT SERVICES. PROVIDING THE RESIDENTS OF HOUSTON AND SURROUNDING AREAS WITH QUALITY WORK ON THEIR PWC AT A FAIR PRICE.

Comment

Cant Get The Drive Shaft To Unscrew From The Coupler On The Back Of The Motor. Have Tried A 4 Ft. Cheater Bar And 2 Pipe Wrenches. Cant Break The Thing Free. Somebody Else Said Something About It Sucking Air Through The Carrier Bearing. Dont Know If Thats True Or Not. Need Some Help Folks.

Comment

I have had the same exact problem with a 1998 TS1000L, I can't get the drive shaft to break free from the engine coupler and I have tried everything except heat as I'm affraid it will damage the rubber bushing in the coupler and nothing works, I think we need to call on Dank for the answer to this one, so what say you Dank, how do we get those stubborn drive shafts to break loose from the coupler?

Comment

Hey Dank, now that you are back from vacation ( hope you had a good one, Edisto? ) tell us how to get those stubborn drive shafts to break loose from the engine coupler.

Comment

Heat the driveshaft for a min. not the coupler. Let it cool and try again. Some people used red loctite on the driveshaft when they put them on. Not a good idea. I normaly use a little anti-sieze.

I hold the driveshaft with a wrench on the flat spot then unscrew the coupler from it with a chain wrench and sometimes a six foot pipe. Take the spark plugs out first so the engine will spin as you turn the coupler.
            Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Working...
            X