1995 Tigershark Barracuda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 Tigershark Barracuda

I have a 1995 Tigershark barracuda with the 640cc engine. I had to take the engine out to replace the starter bendix. Put it back together and would not run right. Will not rev up when in water. Seems to run fine on land when there is not a load on it. After troubleshooting I though I had a bad coil so i bought a new one and put it on and same problem. Here is how it goes, when im out on the water it will not rev up at all, just bogs down. I can pull the front wire off and it still runs but a little bit worse based on the sound. I can pull the back wire off and it runs the same as if the back wire were still on. I can swap the wires around there is no change, front cylinder still seems to run a little bit better. Have changed plugs, no change. While pulling wires off and on while running or sometimes even after it dies it will start up and run really good as long as i want to hold it at full throttle. Soon as i let up its back to same as above. I did not have the carbaretor off at all other than unhooking the throttle and choke cables to remove the engine from the hall. The gas is mixed as i have disconnected the mixer. Any help????
    Thanks Chad

Re: 1995 Tigershark Barracuda

sure sounds like your carbs need rebuilt. Did you have it running recently? Meaning, if you just did this work in the bendix, but before that it's been sitting since last year, it's your carbs.

Comment

Re: 1995 Tigershark Barracuda

I had it out once after i rebuilt the bendix in 05/2005, just adding the springs that had decentigrated to the original bendix, and it ran great for about 3 rides and then it would not start, well a different part of the bendix broke, so i bought a new one and put that in, and took it out 4h of july weekend and would not run right, i did get a lot of water in it on that initial ride in 05/2005

Comment

Working...
      X