Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TS770R Wasted Barrel repair or replace??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS770R Wasted Barrel repair or replace??

Hi Folks,
    I have a leak (External only, NOT into cylinders) from the head of my motor - just wanted ideas on repair or replace - someone did try welding it, but its let go again:(

Now i'm no good at welding and was wondering if its worth taking the block/head to a welding yard and getting them to do it?

While i'm at it, doea anyone know where to get replacment bump strips - impellers from? and a new cover?

Thinking of fitting a wrist lanyard cuttof - good make anyone?

Many thanks for reading the rants of a mad English man :)

Dale
    Always on the hunt for servicable Tigershark 770 Daytona (1996 & 1997) parts. Complete CDI anyone?? '97 I need EVERYTHING motor related... Including the Motor :)

Re: TS770R Wasted Barrel repair or replace??

You should be able to find a good head from one of the used pars delers found on this website. Then get a cylinder exchange from SBT if you need to do a top end.

It came with a wrist style lanyard from the factory?
    Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Thanks Dank,

Not long had the ski - got it second hand. Is that one your profile shows you owning?

Any hints/tips for running etc - whats GOT to be upgraded, what needs to be etc etc.

And could you please gimmie a rough idea what the shipping would be on a new barrel (with pistons/gaskets etc)

Thanks again

Dale
      Always on the hunt for servicable Tigershark 770 Daytona (1996 & 1997) parts. Complete CDI anyone?? '97 I need EVERYTHING motor related... Including the Motor :)

Comment

Slightly off-topic - but related.

Just watching your video segments (VERY usefull) - being 6ft 8 tall (about 2.02 meters) with UK size 17 feet (54 euro) i have a REAL problem getting a wetsuit or boots - any place in the USA you could point me too to order (off the shelf if possible) suit & boots from?

cheers

Comment

Yo man, I feel your pain. I am 6"8 263 lbs and I searched and searched to find a wetsuit to fit me. Finally I found Xcell, great suits and a 2x tall fits me great

Comment

Originally posted by cleetus
            Yo man, I feel your pain. I am 6"8 263 lbs and I searched and searched to find a wetsuit to fit me. Finally I found Xcell, great suits and a 2x tall fits me great
            PLEASE tell me where !!!

Website i hope :)

Many thanks - their IS hope :)

Thanks man

Dale

Comment

cleetus - please could you let me know where you got your wetsuit from?

And does anyone know where to get a Tigershark cover for a 770R please ??

Many thanks

Dale

Comment

http://www.xcelwetsuits.com/home.html

for the oversized guys

Comment

Thanks Cleetus :emoticont

Comment

Working...
                  X