Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical Help Please

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone would be able to post a picture of the wiring diagram for a 97 Monte Carlo 1000. The reason I need this is that I am attempting to install the fuel gauge from the above model into a 96 Monte Carlo 900. The only difference between the two is that the gauge for the 1000 has a temperature light. I need to figure out which wires are the 12v input for the gauge from the 1000. From what I can figure, it must be a combination of either the purple, black, or green with yellow striped one since the other four wires go to the oil and fuel sending units. Thanks in advance for any help!

Craig

Re: Electrical Help Please

I don't have exact specs on your wiring, but surmising that things might be somewhat consistant year-to-year, here's the '98 scheme:

Fuel sender connector: 2 conductors, black body, pink & black wires.
    Oil level switch connector: 2 conductors, green body, blue & black wires.
    Cluster connector: 3 conductors (4 pockets), white body, black wire is ground, violet wire is positive, and green/yellow str wire is temp light. The green/yellow str wire appears at the temp sensor also, passing through the CDI unit.

Dean

Comment

Re: Electrical Help Please

Thank you so much!! That seems to make sense. I have the same color wires for the fuel sender and the oil sender so as long as you see the green with yellow stripe around the temperature sensor, it makes sense that the other are for the input power to the gauge. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
      X