Identify shaft & carbs (pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identify shaft & carbs (pics)

Hi just picked up a daytona 770 (1999 ) - been stood for 2 years.

Its already been modded to pre-mix - drained all the crud out, now i wanna rebuild the carbs. I read on another thread that the carbs stated in the manual are not always the ones fitted & that the prop shaft should be an updated one.

Not knowing what i am looking for to identify the carbs / shaft, i thought pictures would help !

Also, the air filters (or flame arresters ?) are shot, should i buy/fit stock or are there any after market ones that are better?

Thanks again.

Dale
    Always on the hunt for servicable Tigershark 770 Daytona (1996 & 1997) parts. Complete CDI anyone?? '97 I need EVERYTHING motor related... Including the Motor :)

Re: Identify shaft & carbs (pics)

The shaft is the new style since it is a 99' the 98-99 had the new style shafts.

The carbs ar SBN carbs and you should order a stock filter or I may have one here.

Get rid of that fuel line and go back to the stock style.
    Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Dank,

I'm sorry, ment to state it was a 1996 model.

If you have the stock filter assembly (is it new?) and accept paypal please email me! and the fuel pipe too :)

Could you check the shaft pics for me and see if you can tell what shaft it is?

Cheers

Dale
      Always on the hunt for servicable Tigershark 770 Daytona (1996 & 1997) parts. Complete CDI anyone?? '97 I need EVERYTHING motor related... Including the Motor :)

Comment

I will look the stock flame arrestor would be used. I do take PayPal.

The driveshaft has been updated and just keep the seal greased after each time you use the ski and it will last for many years.

Comment

Dank - Email sent

Comment

Originally posted by dank
            I will look the stock flame arrestor would be used. I do take PayPal.
            Any luck with the stock flame arrestor Dank?

Comment

Sorry, It's a holiday week-end here and wont be back in the shop until Tuesday.

Comment

The hose looks like that used in the food industry (soda dispenser). Unless it says "fuel line" or "fuel hose" imprinted on it (SAE standard requirement), it will not be compatible with gasoline, (a fairly nasty solvent). Same goes with a fuel injected unit... it need shose suitable for the application.

Do rebuild the carbs... it looks like orange silicone sealer around one of those carb flanges, and silicone sealer is NOT compatible with gasoline.

Comment

Working...
                X