Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need advice on fixing my tigershark monte carlo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice on fixing my tigershark monte carlo!

It will run fine until it gets to 25 mph, but that is as fast as it will go! What could be wrong with it? If you have any sugestions please email me at bbrown0414@yahoo.com Thanks!!!
    Last edited by bbrown0414; 09-03-2005, 09:31 PM.

Re: Need advice on fixing my tigershark monte carlo!

Do the RPM's go all the way up to 6-7K or does it bogg down when you reach 25mph?
    Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

It dosn't have a rpm guage, but it's really wierd. When it gets to 25mph, the motor doesn't rev any higher, but when i put it in reverse, it will rev about the same then rev higher for a few seconds then go back down, then rev higher and go back down and it will just keep doing that. It's really nerve racking!!!

Comment

I took it out today to work on it and i noticed a sound that's kindof like the sound a car makes when it has an exhaust leak, but I didn't find a leak anywhere! I hope that helps cause I'm just ready to get my ski back in the water!!

Comment

A defective temp sensor would cause the engine to be in limp mode all the time. Dosconnect it from the rear electrical box ans see if it changes anything.

The sensor is mounted to the exhaust pipe follow the wire back and unplug it.
          Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Working...
          X