oil question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil question

OK... this is probably a stupid question, but i need to know this. is there a circulating oil system on a tigershark 1000 triple? i was pretty sure it was just lubed by the oil mixed w/ the fuel, but when i disassembled mine, it seemed like there was a lot of oil in the crank area (there was also alot of water so it was hard to tell) and also while i have been surfing the web, i noticed a couple places talking about oil pumps...so it kinda has me confused. also i need to know how to lube the engine on reassembly...thanks!

Re: oil question

There is not an internal circulating oil system on a two-stroke, all lubrication is done by the oil mixed into the fuel.That's why oil changes arnt neccesary like on a four-stroke.I would find out how the water entered the engine, did you flip it?The oil pump they speak of has three tubes coming out of it that go to your carburators and mix into the fuel, unless you have converted it to premix with a block-off plate and mix your fuel...you have one... Not sure where it is on a polaris, should be at the mag end of the motor. As for lubeing the engine on assembly i would follow whatever your shop manual reccomends...im sure someone will comment on this soon.
    My rides:
    1995 Kawasaki Zxi 900
    Beach house sponsons, OP ride plate/Intake grate and an R&D scoop grate for ocean Swirl Impeller.
    1999 xp limited (just got it Mods in progress)
    Decked 1996 Seadoo HX (cya at the races)
    1995 Seadoo SP x 2 (ones a parts boat)
    1990 Seadoo GT
    1991 Kawasaki 550 sx Stand up
    Intake grate, Ride plate, Impellers, custom paint job, and other goodies
    Riding Spots:
    Lakes and ocean in washington state and California

Comment

Besides the Kaw 1200 engine. It does have lube in the front case for the starter clutch and bearings.
      Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

thanks...the water entered through a bad crank seal at the pto end, and seized up the first cylinder...that was my reason for disassemble. is the oil pump driven by a gear on the crank? (i was trying to figure out what that was)...

Comment

Originally posted by zr1_lt5
          is the oil pump driven by a gear on the crank? (i was trying to figure out what that was)...
          yes, there is a gear on the crank and one on the shaft of the oil pump.
          Triple L Racing<br />Novice Runabout 1200 Stock<br />Region 6, #713

Comment

Working...
          X