1993 Motor in 1997 Monte Carlo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 Motor in 1997 Monte Carlo

Can I install a 1993 Tigershark 644cc motor in a 1997 Monte Carlo 640? I bought the 1997 with no motor and have a 1993 but not sure if the motor can be installed. If so, what mods do I have to make before installing? I imagine the exhaust is the same but not sure about the drive shaft, coupler, etc. Also, if it can't can I use the 1993 as a core for a remanufactured motor? Thanks for the help.

Re: 1993 Motor in 1997 Monte Carlo

Yes, the blocks are the same. The only difference you may see is the PTO coupler thread diameter.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

You will have to have a stailess adapter made to put on the end of the crankshaft threaded on the inside and outside to make it match new newet style pto coupler.
      Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. Dank your response confused me. I still don't have the new motor and I was wondering if you could elaborate on what you were talking about; I am new to this and don't really understand. I get the motor in a few days and want to be ready to install. The drive shaft on the 1997 is 18mm. What options do I have if it doesn't match the pto coupler thread diameter on the motor? Thanks for your helping the newbie.

Comment

Working...
        X