tsl 770 1999 engine seizure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tsl 770 1999 engine seizure

hello all need some advice regarding engine seizure ! iv ran my 1999, 770 for one year on a re worked sbt engine however one day some two seasons ago a cooling hose came loose and the engine overheated i let the engine cool down then re attatched the hose and ran the engine and all was well for some months. however for other reasons ive not used the ski now for two seasons and iv only just deciced to rectify the problem, to find my engine would not turn over first problem i found was my starter which i have had re-cond so no worrys there on trying to crank engine over i found it would not move ive put this seizure down to inactivity rather than anything else ive given the engine a good oil bath and the engine is free and turns over by hand quite well!! what i need to now is, can i run engine and do compression checks or will i need to strip it and really give it a good clean and lube a give it new seals and gaskits or will there be any underlying problems ie cylender scoring, burnt gasket rings crank wear ? or will i need new engine i cant afford new sbt even though its great price and service i live in england and shipping costs are just to much any advice welcome

Re: tsl 770 1999 engine seizure

If the crank has started to rust then your done. If you try to run it with a rusting crank it will fail and most likely trash the case as it fails.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Re: tsl 770 1999 engine seizure

well iv stripped the engine and got photos how do you put them on the site ?

Comment

Working...
      X