Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dual carbs or single? Wet exhaust or dry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual carbs or single? Wet exhaust or dry?

I've got a 95 daytona 640 and two engines and I am trying to decide what set up will be best. One engine has a single carb, the other has 2 carbs. One carb sounds less hassel but will acceleration be better with 2? Why the change by Suzuki?

Also, one engine has a dry (not water cooled) chrome or stainless exhaust pipe that has had some past rewelding done to it. The other is obviously thicker, water cooled, painted aluminum. Which one is better? Water cooled sounds better/safer, but performance...?

The engines appear to be identical but the tigershark is set up now with 2 throttle linkages and a choke cable designed for activating 2 chokes. Adapting these linkages to one carb would be managable, but unbolting the intake manifold/reeds and swaping over to dual carbs is easier than modifying linkages and cables. And if performance is better then I'll go for dual carbs.
    What does a seasoned jetski tech think? Thanks!
    Last edited by daleablett; 10-06-2008, 04:28 AM. Reason: spelling

Re: Dual carbs or single? Wet exhaust or dry?

Single carb will wok better for bottom end. Reliability wise the original cast pipe is better but the after market pipe will build more power.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Re: Dual carbs or single? Wet exhaust or dry?

Dual carbs with the stainless pipe would be the best setup. Both are stock pipes and the stainless one was used on a lot of the montegos. The cast red pipe was used on the 95' Daytonas as was the dual cars setup. They had a lot of problems with that setup. The pipe bolts would break and cause water leaks at the pipe/manifold gasket. I think it was beacause it was too heavy and not supported enough.
      Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Working...
      X