Questions about hard starts and Primers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about hard starts and Primers

My 1995 Tigershark 900 is always hard to start when cold and then again after it's been sitting for 5+ minutes, but not right after it's been turned off.

Please help me understand why I'm having this issue. Hard to start when cold means the fuels lines are not yet pressurized. But, what about letting it sit for 5-30 minutes after it's been running? It should fire right up without priming, right?

I replaced the carbs with a primer system, but I have to be very careful as it seems to flood easily. Now here are a couple problems I've noticed with my primer setup:
    1.) The front cylinder is the only one that actually gets fuel. The middle one gets a very small trickle.
    2.) The plunger seems to become ineffective every 1-2 years. Is that normal?
    3.) Also, I've been wondering about this for years... Since I still use the automatic oil injection, there is no premix in my gas tank. So, I rigged up a spare jug/container to hold pre-mix gas/oil that I prime from. Is this the standard approach?
    Joe Kissell<br />-1995 Tigershark 900<br />-1986 Kawasaki 650 X2

Re: Questions about hard starts and Primers

Really? No one has any suggestions?
    Last edited by Ignis; 07-06-2009, 01:19 PM.
    Joe Kissell<br />-1995 Tigershark 900<br />-1986 Kawasaki 650 X2

Comment

Working...
    X