'99 ts1100li

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '99 ts1100li

I bought a non running 1100li, would not start unless we put gas down in the cylinders or put the battery on a charger and jumped as we started it. If we did get it started it would not stay running if we did not keep rev. it up.. So next we checked that all the connections were getting power from the stator it was not getting enough.. someone suggested changin the battery tried that nothin.. opened the cap to the stator there was metal shavings, so we pulled the motor opened up the stator and it had a very strong burnt odor to it.. so is the next step to replace the stator?? if so where can i find one that is affordable that i know is in good shape???
    Please help me out?? Thank You!!!

Re: '99 ts1100li

If it ran when you put fuel into the cylinders then its a fuel delivery issue, Not sure what the metal shavings issue is but its not good, inspect the flywheel and stater for damage also. As for electrical parts its hard to find good used parts that work, You might have to go new if you can find them.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

We went thru the manual and did all the checks on the amp meter, the only place it was putting out less was the stator.. pulled stator apart was all burnt up looking and smelling.. how do i find a replacment or know for sure that was the problem??

Comment

Search on line for tiger shark electrical parts, Try PWCtoday.com
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X