Gp1200r bore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gp1200r bore

i have some small scraches in the bore and i wish to know if i can hone them or not.

Re: Gp1200r bore

Not if you still have stock cylinders. They are nicasil plated, and are not honeable. You will need to have the damage bored/honed out and send the cylinder(s) to be replated, I suggest US Chrome. Or you can have all three cylinders sleeved, bored & honed.

Comment

from were i can buy the sleeves for the 66v. and after sleeved and bored/honing, still i can use the oem piston? and a,b,c or d piston? or all the same when sleeved???

Comment

We sell the sleeves for $88 ea. You can use any piston you like, but the cylinder needs to be honed AFTER you have the piston to match the size.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Sorry to ask you again.

First i need to bore the cylinder to make the sleeve goes in, after press the sleeve in, and hone only, no small rebore?

Comment

The cylinders need to be bored out, the sleeve pressed in, then port matched, then bored to size, fine honed and chamfered.
            SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
            We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
            Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
            X