Primer Pump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer Pump?

When starting my Waverunner for the first time each day, it takes quite awhile to fire up - seems like it is associated with getting fuel to the carb. I have other skis (different manufacturers) which start very quickly. I just assumed this was a phenonenom associated with Yamaha. I have owned the ski since new and it has always been this way. Being fairly new to the forum, but I have seen several postings alluding to the same problem. I have also seen postings referring to a "primer pump". Assuming this helps the starting issue, is this an off the shelf mod. or something rigged up and installed by the owners? If it is a stock item, hopefully SBT Tech Support will respond and let me know if they stock such an item. I have not seen them in the SBT catalog. This would be for a '94 Waverunner III (650).

Does anyone know if this "primer pump" is available elsewhere and if so, will it help the hard to start issue?

Re: Primer Pump?

Yamahas typically have higher pop-off pressures, and yes can be a bear to start cold.

Get a primer kit from www.pro-tecperformance.com www.rivayamaha.com or your local dealer. They are around $20.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

We have Primer kits in stock. Our kits utilize the finest fuel line and all brass fittings
      www.ISLANDRACINGPERFORMANCE.com

www.ISLANDRACING.net

Comment

Thanks Tech. Support and Island Racing - you guys are great. I will contact Island Racing.

Comment

Working...
        X