IJK Series Solas on Stock GP1200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IJK Series Solas on Stock GP1200

Anyone have any thoughts of how the Supra Camber IJK Series 13/19 impeller works on a completely stock 99' GP1200.

Thanks

Re: IJK Series Solas on Stock GP1200

The J prop offers very good bottom end, about stock mid and slight loss of top-end. It's great for towing, or very rough water. Most people prefer the XO prop, as it offers almost the same great bottom end (still better than stock), great midrange and a slight improvement on top. The J generally requires more HP mods than an XO.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Is my thinking wrong here? The XO has a 14.5-17.5 pitch and the I has a 13-19. Seems like the 19 pitch on the top end would get a little more MPH per RPM than the 17.5 pitch or would that only apply to a ski that has some mods done to it.

Do you know what the pitch is on a stock impeller for the 99' GP1200?

Thanks

Comment

Pitch numbers are NOT comparable between models or brands.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I ran a J on my basically stock '98 GP for awhile. The J is actually a 14-20 pitch. Compared to an X0, I noticed no difference on the bottom end and could consistently get 1-2mph more on the top end (confirmed by GPS), but mid-range was a tad more sluggish as it took awhile longer to hit top speed. Also seemed that the engine struggled more at the top speed as well.. just from feel, don't have data to back this up. I'm running X0's on both my GP's now. IMO, the X0 provides the best mix for a variety of riding conditions I see on the lake.

Comment

Working...
          X