Power valve again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Power valve again

That would be awesome if I could call, who do I ask for?

Comment

deleted
      Last edited by skraggy; 05-22-2005, 09:53 PM.
      Visit www.pwctoday.com for techical help

Comment

Moped-

This may seem obvious, but powervalves don't snap in half because of normal wear and tear. I would bet my ski that the piston smashed into the valve and that is what broke it.

Make sure you did not damage your piston.

Comment

I looked at the piston (through the valve opening) and saw no signs of them hitting each other. I would expect to see some sort of scratch, nick, etc.

I finally got the rest of the busted valve out thanks to a lot of advice from IslandRacing (Carl).

NOW - going to pull the second vavle out to replace (with SBT vavles). I went to pull the pully/shaft out ant it hits the exhaust before I can pull it all the way out. How do I get that out? It appears that the bushing on the PV hits the Pully Shaft, so I can't just leave the pully there. Is this correct? What am I missing.

Any advice will prevent the rest of my hair from falling out.

Comment

Any takers on this? Do I need to remove more parts to get the pully out or is there something obvious that I'm missing?

Comment

Originally posted by ISLANDRACING
              moped- if you have the powervalves with the bronze colored bushings these were the early style ( junk ) PV's and both should be replaced. if you have the later ones then you could be fine with just replacing the one and adding the clips. my guess is that you have the early one and the top broke allowing the valve to drop rather than the pin walking out-- if the pin just walked, then most likely the shaft would still be ok.
              another thing --- concider yourself lucky---MOST of the time a dropped valve leads to cyl replacement. a little investment now could prevent a future failure.
              The powervalves i purchased from SBT a month or so ago had bronze colored bushings on them,,,The set I removed from 1 of my waverunners had a polished steel or stanless steel bushing. I hope i did not go backwards on reliabilty with the new SBT powervalves. It is my understanding SBT sells an updated powervalve....
              Is this correct SBT Tech???

Comment

Working...
              X