Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnum Pump install problem

I am reposting this in a new thread since this is a new issue:

I got everything out to install the impellar and low and behold when I spun the impellar down by hand, it is bottoming out against the stator before getting tight. The blades of the prop are ~.046 from the veins at the point in which the base of the prop hits the stator. I called skat trak and Glenn was gone for today so I will call tommorow and see what he says. The only possibility I see is machining the base of the prop. Or perhaps there is some other problem.

Re: Magnum Pump install problem

Sounds like you got the wrong prop.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

They agreed something doesn't sound right. Their guess is they possibly didn't get the bearings pressed in far enough which would make the threads too close to the pump. I am going to send the entire assy back to them to have it checked out.

thanks

Comment

Even though I was going to send the pump back to skat-trak, I decided last night to screw on the damaged impellar that was on it before with no problems. It too bottomed out against the housing, so it seems the assesment of the bearings is correct. I will box it back up and send it out on Monday. I hate to ship anything this time of year, no telling how it will get treated with the rush of gifts being shipped.

On a high note, I finished installing the triple pipes last night. The only thing left to do now is drill and install my water bypass fittings. I was suprised how little trouble I had with the install. From talking to others, it was said to be a really tough job. Assuming it runs well and I don't have problems, I would say the triple pipes would be well worth the effort of installing them. I will get some photos of it all soon.

Comment

Working...
        X