Straight 100 octane or pump gas mixture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Straight 100 octane or pump gas mixture

Considering I will have to run ~100octane (GroupK's reccomendation), I was wandering what others have found that works best. Basically, has anyone done the math to see what yields the needed results for the lowest dollar figure. The amount of fuel I will be going through next summer will be staggering, so I want to get a plan together. I could purchase 100 octane race fuel or I could spice up some 93 octane with a few gallons of 110. In my drag race application in the past, mixing the pump gas with the race gas seemed to work well, and seems to be somewhat less expensive than going for straight race gas. What are you guys running?

Re: Straight 100 octane or pump gas mixture

I have had luck running AV 100-130. I buy it locally at the airport near here. It was the most economical choice.
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Hmm, I could get my hands on that no problem. I have always been told to stay away from it though. If that would work, it would definately be the most economical choice.

Comment

We asked Sunoco's Wurth about using aviation fuel in an automobile engine. He was emphatic when he said, "Don't do it. Even though Sunoco is a major producer of aviation fuel, this fuel is specifically blended for aircraft engines. Aircraft operate under very different conditions than automobiles, and the fuel requirements are quite different as well. Aircraft engines generally.... run within a very narrow rpm range. There's no need for transient throttle response in an airplane because after the pilot does the initial engine run-up, the throttle is set in one position and the rpm doesn't normally change until landing. Also, airplanes fly where the air is cold and thin, and the atmospheric pressure is low. These are not even close to the conditions your street machine will see on the ground. Also, since most piston-driven aircraft cruise at 3,000 rpm or so, the burn rate of aviation gas is much too slow for any high performance automotive applications."
        Here is the link http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Miscella...lAdditives.htm

One of my employees ran aviation fuel in his hotrod for years with no problems. *shrug*

Comment

I have been told the same thing by numerious "experts", but it works. I wonder how a motor knows if it is in a boat or an airplane?
          Bill O'Neal <br>
          WCM
          <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Originally posted by Bill O'Neal2
            I have been told the same thing by numerious "experts", but it works. I wonder how a motor knows if it is in a boat or an airplane?
            ROFL beats me :D

Comment

Working...
            X