Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XLT 1200 Pump questions

Hi again!!!

It īs time to prepare a new season the 3Th with my XLT1200, yesterday I dewinterized the engine. Starts Ok and seems all will be Ok. But I īm hear an slightly noise come from the pump, stop the engine and I inspected the pump and the impeller all seems good, so i suspect thatīs the impeller is slightly rubbing the impeller housing. What action to be taken? I know the cleareance between the impeller and the housing should be close, so an slightly rubbing will be normal?. The ski has 120Hrs. Also what about the grease inside the rear cone? Whatīs the maintenance interval for this grease? itīs time to replace?

Thanks a lot!!!

(sorry but my english is very bad)

Regards

Javi

Re: XLT 1200 Pump questions

grease is ok for long time
    housings were improved in summer of 03
    noise/binding will get worse

Comment

JAVI---Unfortunately your housing is shot. It is a very common problem on the XLT's for the liner to bubble up and contact the impeller. You probably already did damage to the outer diameter of the impeller as well. Once you put the new liner in you will have to check the clearances between the impeller and housung to make sure theyre in spec.
      www.ISLANDRACINGPERFORMANCE.com

www.ISLANDRACING.net

Comment

First of all, thanks for your replys.

Maybe I have not explained to myself well, I visualy inspected the impeller housing and no wear or scratch found, also the cleareance between the impeller and the housing lookts to be ok, only slightly sound on the pump, but donīt remember its the usual sound of the pump out of the water. I donīt want to damage the ski, I request you the advice. I looked the Yamaha parts and the Impeller housing is about 240$, I should be sure of that I make for not waste the money.

Thanks in advance.

Javi

Comment

Javi, If you inspected the pump components and they check out fine, theres no reason to spend for a new housing.
          The "sound" your hearing is actually quite normal although can get worse over time. You would be suprised how out of balance stock and even aftermarket impellers are which actually contribute to the problem. We have set up many skis with aftermarket housings with replaceable plastic wear rings ( similar to what Sea-Doo uses ) and a properly balanced impeller and you would be suprised that the "pea rattling around in a tin can" noise is virtually eliminated.

www.ISLANDRACING.net

Comment

bad high spot quite often can't be seen unless jet pump it taken apart.

Comment

Hi again,

After a boroscope inspection of the pump i decided to repair it. Go to Yamaha dealer and service, the guy says me thatīs necesary to replace the Impeller housing and Impeller too. He told me a new impeller housing for $400 and a new Solas impeller 14/20 for 400$ so total 800$.

I have two questions, fisrt waht do you think about balance of the Solas 14/20?
              How can I prevent housing shot???

(and the last, itīs the last time I take my PWC to yamaha service itīs so expensive, Iīm an Aircraft mechanic, so itīs diffcult job to replace the impeller housing or replace pump bearing)

thanks a lot

Comment

If those prices include the labor, it's a good deal.
                SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
                We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
                Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Javi---$800?????????????--- i hope your joking!!
                  The work is not that difficult to do yourself. We have the parts in stock, can ship to Spain no problem and will still be around half that price.

Oh and PS: a 14/20 will be too steep an impeller for your XLT

www.ISLANDRACING.net

Comment

Working...
                  X