Stock BN 44 Mikuni

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock BN 44 Mikuni

Where is the best place to get all the specs/sizes for the stock components (jets, needle valves, springs) for a 1997 - 1999 triple set of Mikunis for a GP 1200. I have a really good set of used carbs but jets and other components were swapped due to engine modifications.

Re: Stock BN 44 Mikuni

The main jets are 135s and the pilot jets are 100 (01), 95 (02), and 97.5 (03). Valve seat size is 1.5 (0.06).

Someone else can give you the spring specs. or you can call RIVA Motorsports at 877-748-2926 or WaterCraft Services at 281-850-1120.
    "Helping you make smart choices about your money - so you can live a better life."

Comment

U-B , stock n/s is 1.2 ; but you're still correct, cuz everybody i know feels safer bumping up to the 1.5 n/s. The stock spring is 95 gm.. but with the 1.5 it dribbles at idle sometimes so we bump that up to 115gm to maintain popoff.
      97 venture11/1200, 01gp12r stage1, 02F12X
      dav_dman@yahoo.com

Comment

I got the settings from the Yamaha service manual, but will defer to guys like you and Carl (at Island Racing) since you're the professionals.
        "Helping you make smart choices about your money - so you can live a better life."

Comment

i'm no pro, but you would think you could trust the dang manual. Certainly not in this case. Your advice is still correct imo.
          97 venture11/1200, 01gp12r stage1, 02F12X
          dav_dman@yahoo.com

Comment

You're both right. There was a factory update midway through '97 to help cold starting.
            SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
            We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
            Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
            X