1997 yahama GP760

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 yahama GP760

im lookin at a 1997 yahama GP760 wondering ppl who own any whats the main problems on them and what to look for and reliabilty.
    thanks
    dan

Re: 1997 yahama GP760

They need trim tabs and a longer ride plate, that's about it. Very reliable and fun ski.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I think the '97 came with the long ride plate. If it sticks out 4" or 5" from
      the hull your all set. Just need the tabs

Comment

a friend of mine has one and its a fun ski, very reliable, tops out a little over 50, but it porposes so trim tabs is a good idea

Comment

yea i believe its the extended one its 11 ft

what exactly are trim tabs???
          Last edited by DWK; 03-24-2005, 07:31 PM.

Comment

I think the '97's came with factory trim tabs but they are plastic and are prone to breaking or peeling from the ski over time (The 99's had the short tabs that were pretty much worthless).

Porpoising can greatly reduced by shimming the rideplate and running with the sponson's all the way down. It can pretty much be eliminated by upgrading to an aftermkt rideplate, trim tabs, and sponsons.

In general, the GP760's are great ski's. The engines are pretty much indestructable once you have gone to premix on the gas. Definitely not the fastest ski out there, but still a lot of fun to ride.

Comment

Without tabs, the sponson adjustment makes no differnce. You have to have owned one to know. No they did not come with tabs.

Comment

Originally posted by DWK
                yea i believe its the extended one its 11 ft

what exactly are trim tabs???
                They ar small hull extensions that mount to the bottom just in front of the ride plate. They change the ride charactoristics of the hull. Pretty much like trim tabs on a boat, but these are fixed. Only some skis had them, most shaped the hull right in the first place.

Comment

thanks alot guys that helps alot.

Comment

Working...
                  X