2000 LS2000 Yamaha jetboat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 LS2000 Yamaha jetboat

Ok,I have a little project coming up,and have a couple of questions.

1)From what I have read and can tell by looking at the motors in this boat,they look like 1200's,non-pv.Am I correct ? If so,we will be getting one from SBT within the next week.

2)This boat is still using the stock oil injection system.Both motors share the same oil tank,and the same fuel tank....I think.So how would I go about breaking the new motor in ?

I am sure something went bad in the center cylinder of the bad motor.On the good motor,it turns over nice,and all the plugs look good and uniform.
    Visit www.pwctoday.com for techical help

Re: 2000 LS2000 Yamaha jetboat

1 - correct.

2- You pre-mix the tank. Running the extra oil through the other motor will not hurt it.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

So in regards to question #2....I premix the fuel tank ?

If so,Do I need to double up the amout of mixture since two motors are consuming it ?

Sorry for posting in the wrong forum,I thought since it was not a PWC...it shouldnt go here.

Comment

Yes you will need to double the amounts. 20 gallon total.

Comment

TY Sir....

Comment

Wasnt the motor after all.It seems that the impellor housing swelled around the impellor in spots.On both impellor housings,but not as bad as the one I assumed the motor was bad on.We have 2 new stainless housings coming from Riva.

Now,on the same subject...this fellow also has a 2000 1200XL-Ltd....which has the same problem...wth ? The jetboat he keeps on davits,and the ski he keeps on a float-on.Is it just the exposure to the salt air that causes this to happen ? Or a defective design on Yamaha's part ?

When looking at the housing,it is only raised in certain areas...almost like some hit the housing in random areas with a ballpeen hammer.I'll post some pics when I get the new ones here and the old ones out....If I can figure out how to :)

Comment

That's caused by lack of maintenance, period. If he would have washed it after use instead of leaving to corrode in the salt environment, it would have been just fine.

Comment

Working...
              X