Yamaha GP760 Trim Tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha GP760 Trim Tabs

Just purchased a 99 GP760, I'm reading everywhere that this ski will need trim tabs to stop the porpoising problem. Should I go for it now, or wait until I've had a chance to give it a try? ... after the ice melts!!! null

I have a 97 GP760 in mostly stock form - no problem whatsoever until you put more than 300 lbs. on it. That thing LOVES to jump!

Comment

I've had a 97 GP760 for 2 years now. I put trim tabs on it last winter and it made a big difference. The porpoising problem is a lot better, but not gone completly.

Comment

Re: Yamaha GP760 Trim Tabs

I just got a 1998 Gp 760 last summer. But once i have taken it out on the water the ride was extremely jumpy. So i talked to my jet ski dealer near by and he told me to get some trim tabs. So went to Riva and got the trim tabs and put them on the ski but when i took it out it didnt really help all at. I have thought about putting weight in the front of the ski but i dont know what to do. Would intake grates work or ride plates work. Please help me i love my ski but i cant stand the jumpiness thanks.

Oh and i wouldnt get the trim tabs yet cause they did not work on my ski..

Comment

Ricky Booby-what kind of trim tabs did you put on it...how hard were they to install...and what did you do for the sponsons adjustments afterwards? Thanks:emoticons
          Originally posted by RickyBobby
          I just got a 1998 Gp 760 last summer. But once i have taken it out on the water the ride was extremely jumpy. So i talked to my jet ski dealer near by and he told me to get some trim tabs. So went to Riva and got the trim tabs and put them on the ski but when i took it out it didnt really help all at. I have thought about putting weight in the front of the ski but i dont know what to do. Would intake grates work or ride plates work. Please help me i love my ski but i cant stand the jumpiness thanks.

Oh and i wouldnt get the trim tabs yet cause they did not work on my ski..

Comment

I had the same problem so I put washers under the back two bolts on the ride plate. use fender washers they are larger so they dont pull through your hull. i had to stack them about 3/16 thick to get it to stop that was four washers on each side. It worked good, I read this trick on another thread here somwhere.

Comment

Working...
            X