full throttle, rpm lose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• full throttle, rpm lose

i have a 98 gp 800 when running full throttle my rpm are at 7000 and 3/4 throttle rpm are 7500,lose about 3to4 mph top speed,now i had my cdi mod and install a pvc by protec,tried all 6 setting no help,also i install a water restrictor to dry out the pipe,could the restrictor be causing the problem not enough water going to the exhaust or are the carbs out of adjustment any idea,thanks

How in the world are you turning 7500RPM with those little mods? Is that a type-o?

Did this start suddenly, after a certain mod for example?

Can you hold it WOT at the reduced RPM indefinitely, or do the RPMs fluctuate at all?

Comment

i have other mod done to ski ,,i install the pvc and cdi durring the winter so it was my first time out with the ski.yes you can hold it wot , it feels like someone is draging behind me,and for the rpm that is what was reading.

Comment

Youre leaning out at the high rpm. my raider did that and had the same symptoms. with top speed loss. I checked for leaks and found the carb base gasket was leaking and also a leak in the exhaust that only showed at the high RPM.
        Rob

Comment

Working...
        X