Waveraider 760 engine problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waveraider 760 engine problems

I was riding today and all of a sudden I lost all power and went from about 50 to about 18 mph... The motor started to whine a little bit.. I was told I have Piston slap last summer and was wondering if maybe it finally went... I am going to try and check the compression tomorrow... Wondering if there is anything else I should check... or any other ideas of what it might be....

Also I was riding around waiting for the trailer to be backed in and the boat just suddenly made a real hard left turn almost threw me off.... Any ideas on what might have caused that???? the oat had a splash guard on the front but I took it off. I was told it was a splash guard and not something to do with control from a yamaha dealership....

Re: Waveraider 760 engine problems

so I could tell you were all VERY intereted in my problem.... ANYWHO!! Just thought I would let you all know that it was actually the Intake grate and Impeller housing had broke... Earlier in the day I hit a rock alot harder than I thought I did aparently.. and broke the Intake grate, ride plate, impeller and some minor hull damage... when the grate fell out a little bit it caused the boat to turn hard left..... so all my problems were from one $%^&* rock that everyone was to lazy to mark!!!! well you know what I will be doing this weekend!!!!

Comment

Glad you found the source of the problem.

I think the reason you didn't get any replies is because the symptoms you described were so unusual, it was difficult to give you any meaningful advice.

Good luck.
      "Helping you make smart choices about your money - so you can live a better life."

Comment

I was just being a wise guy.. I figured there was a reason for noone gettting back to it.. Trust me I know the situation was weird... I only noticed the damamge when I wa actually doing something else that I had to get under the trailer and noticed the grate hanging down on it... About $900.00 in damage to the ski from one stupid rock that I didn't see!!

Comment

Working...
        X