Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTO removal!

Bryan,

I have tried to remove that PTO coupler from my 95 raider. It will not budge. I am using a chain wrench but it will not budge at all!
    I am afraid that if I keep trying I will break it or something. This is the only thing keeping me from installing my new block!

You mentioned to me earlier that if I sent the engine you guys would remove it and send it back for $25.
    What info do you need in order to do this?

Thanks,

Tman701

Just a note in the box with your core to go ahead and send it back for you and to charge your card on file.

Have you tried using some heat?

Comment

I havent tried using heat!
      I'll try heat and if it doesnt budge then off it goes to you guys!

Thanks for the info!

Tman701

Comment

Warm the threaded area of the coupler, don't go hog wild. warm it up, and let it "soak" to
        soften the Loctite stuff. Remove a spark plug first and bring piston up to close the top of the exhaust port (turn the engine in direction of coupler removal), the stuff a length of ski-rope to take up the space and the turn the coupler to remove. Use Loctite # 592 on the threads of the crank and tighten to 27 lb-ft (snug will be fine, as crank rotation will tight coupler anyway).
        ***1100 Venture***<br />OE head mod-- by Riva Yamaha<br />Wiseco (+ .5mm)<br />True-welded crank<br />Riva F/A+ Jet kit<br />Boyeson Power reeds<br />Riva 1100 CDI<br />NGK plugs- BR8HS<br />R&D Aqua-Vein<br />Solas 14-21 Super Camber//Impros<br />Riva rideplate<br />Amsoil "AIO" @ 50:1 pre-mix, currently KLOTZ Ski-Craft<br />MOBIL-1 grease in the pump<br />Sears Diehard<br /><br /> Dream-meter shows 65---- GPS says 54.2 mph best, 9/14/02 @ 850 ft elevation

Comment

Working...
        X