thermo switch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thermo switch?

I have a '94 'Raider 700. I have been experiencing the ignition cutting at about 3,000 rpms after being ridden for about 1/2 hour. The overheat icon iluminates, but the engine is NOT overheating. Bryan, is it safe to assume the thermo switch sensor is bad? Any help in the right direction would be great. Thanks all

the thermo switch is either on the head in the rear, but most likely its on the pipe its a round looking barell with a clip that holds it on a cut out on the pipe
    Rob

Comment

Thanks Raider 1100, I found it in the cyl head. Does this sound to be the problem? The fuel, carbs, ignition leads, plugs,, ect.... are all good. The ski runs normally for about 20-30 min then starts to bounce off the limiter at 3,000 rpm. Thanks

Comment

If the engine is cutting down to 3000 rpm that is the over heat sensor. It creates a short to the CDI which cuts the rev limiter to 3000 rpm. Till the engine cools off. My service manual for my superjet (701) says the switch closes at 176 + or - 5 degrees and opens back up at 158 + or - 13 degrees. Hope this helps KID4NOW

Comment

Kid4now is right. I dotn have the spec book but it sounds about right
          Rob

Comment

Working...
          X