yamaha wvt1100 tech ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamaha wvt1100 tech ???

My friend just purchased a wvt1100 engine for his 96'waveventure from SBT. I am helping him install it. When the unit had arrived to my home the top end and exhaust and fuel system had been totally tore down from a Marine dealers mechanic, thus this has been a pain stacking job in reasembling it. I have a manual but with 3rd grade illustrations it hasn't been easy. Heres my question,....

On top of the cylinder head at each end there is a hose fitting. What two hose's go here, I have a idea but original Yamaha service manual does not show it. If you know describe to me where the each hose starts and connects and ends up on top of the head. I beleive the front hose is a short one and the long hose is a long one that comes from around the outside of the exhaust system. But im not quite sure? HELP ME!!:emoticonb

Re: yamaha wvt1100 tech ???

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/waverunn...starthere.aspx

Use this parts guide

Comment

David, I have the original Yamaha shop manual for this unit, it cost me 65bucks. Will this website you posted in your opinion give me the answer i am looking for?

Comment

The short elbow type one should go on the front (magneto side),and go to the exhaust nipple.The other(PTO side) is your main water cooling line coming in from the lower hull...this one probably has the water flush line T'd into it.
        Visit www.pwctoday.com for techical help

Comment

web site will show parts break down for whole ski. You can then find out which hose goes where with it or read other's suggestions

Comment

Probably better look at the diagrams that david put up.They look a little different than that of the 1200 routing,which I was assuming would be similar to the 1100.What I posted above is how a gp1200 is routed.

Look at the diagrams,under exhaust-1.
            Visit www.pwctoday.com for techical help

Comment

Thanks David and the rest of you guys for the help, I was skeptical about the website that David listed by Yamaha. I went to it and there was a excellent print out of the hose routing from the exhaust and the engine head. Its printed out and yes I had it routed correct but with this diagrahm proof is in my hands. THANKS GUYS!!!:emoticonc :emoticont

Comment

Working...
              X