waveraider1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• waveraider1100

my waveraider1100 will not start, i've changed plugs and and checked the fuses, and still nothing, the gas is on and the choke also. I tried starting it with the choke off and still nothing, the battery turns it over with no problem.help!!!!!! I recentl replaced the fuse holder with a new one, but after the install it started, but now nothing.
    matt

Try a teaspoon of gas directly into the cylinders to get it to fire. Make sure your fuel filter doesn't have air in it, indicating an airleak in your fuel line somewhere. If your lines dry out, it can take forever to get fuel pumped back to the carbs, and you have to prime it manually.

Comment

Bryan alright it started but now where do I go form here? How do I prime the fuel line? Also there is a clear tube coming off the back of the instrament cluster and it has some kind of fitting on it what is this and where does it go?
      matt

Comment

would running it so low on fuel cause this problem?
        matt

Comment

Priming the fuel system means pressurizing the tank and getting fuel back tot he carbs if you let it dry out. It's easiest to remove the fuel return line from the carb, turn the fuel vavle to ON, and blow through until gas comes out the carb - then replace the line.

Yes, running it low or out of fuel will certainly do it, by sucking up air.

Comment

Matt,

that clear line coming out of the inst. cluster is like a vent for it. Dont plug that into anything. Just leave it alone hanging down!

Tman701

Comment

Working...
            X