99 Xl 1200 LTD Stability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 99 Xl 1200 LTD Stability

Here is a link. If the link does not work go to www.rivayamaha.com and click on the watercraft/performance catalog/pump and handling/sponsons.
    http://www.rivayamaha.com/RivaStore/...800%20Sponsons

They are $169.00 + ship. Not cheap

Comment

Originally posted by dtd696
      I have to retract my previous statement about the trim all the way down helps. I went out today when it was windy and rough. Seems this ski (99' XL1200 LTD) has a mind of it's own. Back to the wind it was fine around 20-30 mph. In the wind or cross wind the ski was all over the place - only at around 20-30mph. Some times it would lean to one side until I turned into the lean. I will be giving this much thought and let you know if I find anything out.
      My 99' GP1200 is more stable than this ski. ;)

Anyone know if there are trim tabs for this ski? and if they would help?

I'll have to rule out water and tank level, because there was no water in the ski and it did it all the way from full to 1/4.

May just be the design of the hull - Anyone else out there with a 99' XL1200 Ltd? - How does it handle?
      Yes I have just purchased a 1997 GP1200 and haveing the same problem. I just ran across this problem everyone else is having I thought I was the only one. I put my GP1200 in the water for the first time and found it very tipsy, My girl friend fell off so did my brother. I have ridden other Yamaha Wave Runners before but never like this one. (Question) Can you change the sponsons for example on the Yamaha 760 the sponsons are longer and seem to have more stability. Does anyone know can you put a 760 sponson on a GP1200???? It would seem that would make a big difference in handleing and stability because the Yamaha 760 handles like a dream not like the GP1200. If anyone can tell me what I can do I would appreciate any help at all.
      Thanks for listening,
      Sincerely, Dave

Comment

Cuda I have sold this ski but i do know that you can change sponsons..in addition, i think there was a recall on them at one time but i dont know if anyone will still honor it. I ended up changing mine myself.

Comment

Originally posted by fordracin
          Cuda I have sold this ski but i do know that you can change sponsons..in addition, i think there was a recall on them at one time but i dont know if anyone will still honor it. I ended up changing mine myself.
          Woow thank you for getting back to me so quickly I got the link to replace the sponsons yes they are not cheep but if that will take care of the problem we can get back to haveing more fun. I hope by changing them it will improve the stability yes I agree Yamaha should have recalled all of the GP1200's and redesigned these sponsons. I feel it is a bit dangerous and way to tipsy. Thanks for your help.
          Dave

Comment

Working...
          X