Raider 1100 Crankcase Drain - Hydrolock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raider 1100 Crankcase Drain - Hydrolock

I hydrolocked the engine and have drained the cyliners and found that it will run for 3 minutes before some more water finds its way into the cylinder fouling the plugs. I read in the manual there is a crankcase drain bolt. Does anyone know where to find it? Also what should one do after drawing water into the block?

Thanks

I have never heard of a drain on a Yamaha 1100 - only some older Kawasakis and older Sea-Doos.

If you are still getting water in, do NOT run the engine until you find the leak - it's probably already too late.

You could have a cracked waterjacket, blown head gasket, bad exhaust, leaking gasket at the manifold, did you flush it with the engine not running? Tow it without crimping the water line?

If you get water in an engine, you must get it out ASAP and then run the engine hard for at least an hour to get as much moisture as possible out of the engine. Damage will be immediately done, but this minimizes the damage.

Comment

There is no drain plug, I have had my motor to the bare crankcase halves.
      ***1100 Venture***<br />OE head mod-- by Riva Yamaha<br />Wiseco (+ .5mm)<br />True-welded crank<br />Riva F/A+ Jet kit<br />Boyeson Power reeds<br />Riva 1100 CDI<br />NGK plugs- BR8HS<br />R&D Aqua-Vein<br />Solas 14-21 Super Camber//Impros<br />Riva rideplate<br />Amsoil "AIO" @ 50:1 pre-mix, currently KLOTZ Ski-Craft<br />MOBIL-1 grease in the pump<br />Sears Diehard<br /><br /> Dream-meter shows 65---- GPS says 54.2 mph best, 9/14/02 @ 850 ft elevation

Comment

I've heard that another way to get water out of the crankcase is to tip the ski on its side with out the spark plugs and crank the motor?

BTW how does water get into the crankcase?

Comment

As I said: <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bryan Glynn - SBT Webmaster:
          You could have a cracked waterjacket, blown head gasket, bad exhaust, leaking gasket at the manifold, did you flush it with the engine not running? Tow it without crimping the water line<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You don't need to tip it - just take the plugs out and crank it over. You will need a few sets of spark plugs, and lots and lots of WD-40 to get it going again if you really flooded it.

Comment

crankcase drains are only on kawasakis and some older sea doos.
            Sounds like yo need to make a few calls to bryans office to get a new motor.
            Rob

Comment

what water line do you need to crimp when towing?

Comment

The water inlet line - running from the pump tp the head.

Comment

Working...
                X