1100 Wave Venture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1100 Wave Venture

Rob thanks a lot for the link to this site. There is a lot of good info here.
    I just bought the ski and realized that the reverse cable and all other assemblies are missing, but I will get that fixed. What do I do about the idle speed? When I turn on the ski it takes off. Is that normal? Or should I do something about it? I'm really new at this, someone please help!
    Mike :cwm27:

Where your throttle cable meets the carbs, there is a t-handle screw - this is your idle adjustment screw. You should be idling 2-3 MPH (1500 RPM) in the warter - 2500 or so out of the water. Turn the screw out to lower your idle speed.

Comment

Thanks, I'll try that. But how come I see people lauch their skis crank them up and not go anywhere until they hit the gas? Are you in Key Largo?
      Why is it that the marinas in the area wont let you launch a ski? I had to go to this suicide ramp by the Stone Ledge Motel.

Comment

They may be in neutral. Almost all skis shoul dbe idling in the water right around 1500 RPM - that's usually 1-2 MPH, 2-3 on some skis. If they truely aren't moving, they are certainly in neutral. All skis at idle in the water will move, in 'gear'.

Comment

Hi all, My first time here. Bryan, I have looked all over my ski and can't find that pesky gear shifter anywhere! :D MadRover, the way you put your ski in neutral is to pull the reverse shifter in between reverse and forward. This is something you have to play with a little to get it in the right spot. Do not leave the ski running in neutral without being on it, it will jump into gear on its own sometimes.

Yam

Comment

Wait till he figures out how to 'drop the clutch' [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

What's drop the clutch??

Comment

It's a joke, man... ;)

Comment

Yeah Yeah pick on the new guy...hahaha
                  Thanks for all the info!!

Comment

The 1100 Venture has NO neutral on the ski. The shifter is detented for "F" or "R". The water movement across the gate would most likely open or close it to some degree with some manual effort to hold the ski. Best advice is to just push the "STOP" button.

As to the idle, the service manual calls for
                    1250 +/- 50 rpm (in the water with pump full of water). Idle will naturally be higher on the trailer/garden hose as the pump is not loaded. Depending on the pitch of the prop used, it will work out to roughly 1-3 mph as seen on the "dream-o-meter".
                    ***1100 Venture***<br />OE head mod-- by Riva Yamaha<br />Wiseco (+ .5mm)<br />True-welded crank<br />Riva F/A+ Jet kit<br />Boyeson Power reeds<br />Riva 1100 CDI<br />NGK plugs- BR8HS<br />R&D Aqua-Vein<br />Solas 14-21 Super Camber//Impros<br />Riva rideplate<br />Amsoil "AIO" @ 50:1 pre-mix, currently KLOTZ Ski-Craft<br />MOBIL-1 grease in the pump<br />Sears Diehard<br /><br /> Dream-meter shows 65---- GPS says 54.2 mph best, 9/14/02 @ 850 ft elevation

Comment

there should be a sort of a notch or a click as you go from froward to reverse. when you have the ski on the trailer go from forward to 1/2 way to reverse thats where the neutral position should be. look at the reverse bucket and the middle of the bucket inside should be about even with the nozzle.
                      then if you click ( pull ) it all the way to reverse it should go down another 2 inches or so. My wifes sea doo is the same way. its kinda funky trying to get neutral, but we never use the reverse bucket
                      Rob

Comment

I run my idle at around 1100 rpm and have no problem with it taking off to wot. This idle speed will slow him down to about -1 to 2mph.

Yam

Comment

Thanks a whole lot for all the info. I'll try it this weekend when I go out!

[ July 23, 2001: Message edited by: Madrover69 ]

Comment

Working...
                          X