Carb Adjust, SJ with factory pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb Adjust, SJ with factory pipe

I just read a post about adjusting pop-off pressure, it said that you can cut the coils to lower the pop-off, well I just put a Factory Pipe on my 94 SJ, with the jetting and the 95 gram spring. I did everything as the instructions told me to, exept for turning the adjustment screws, I thought that I would try it out first, I took a very short ride and went back and adjusted the screws, the ski would barely move so I put them back to were they were before (I forget the # of turns).
    The problem I am having is from slow speeds and idle there is no power then it will all come on at once.
    I had posted this problem in another board and was told to lower the pop-off pressure, would this help in this case? The ski has tremendous top end and lots of bottom end once it gets out of its slump.
    This pipe is on a stock ski and it is a limited pipe.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated

It may be too high of pop-off, but it could also just be too lean of a low-end. Try turnign your low-speed screw out in 1/8th turn increments and trying it again. If you go more than a turn out with no real differnce, lower your pop-off pressure.

Comment

thank you I will try this if I ever get out on the water again

Comment

Working...
      X