'95 Wave Venture 700 Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: '95 Wave Venture 700 Help

Toadster, I also ride on a Lake Talquin here which sounds similar to where you ride, but I love jumping the wakes. In fact, I set out to find a boat going fast enough ahead of me to be able to do that. If the lake is hard on you, you would never want to ride on the ocean. The ocean will beat you to death on a bad day. I usually ride in the a.m. when it is nice and smooth and then hit some waves in the afternoon, but usually end up make my husband take it back to dock. Don't like all the splashing after a long day of it.

As far as flipping, I have never once done that nor has it ever really felt like it was going to either. I have had 3 "grown" folks from 180-225 pounds on her and have dumped the last person off, but we still never turned over. I really don't know what to tell you about that. My WV tends to turn and spray better to the left for some reason, so I just hit her full throttle and use all my weight on that side. Have never flipped her.

Comment

Help! :emoticonr We ended up rebuilding the carburator and replacing the float pins and new gaskets all around and she is still doing the same thing as before. Any other ideas?

Comment

what does it do...or not do?

Comment

See the very first email in this thread for more info and I would appreciate any advice you have.

Comment

I guess the thread is sort of long, so basically, this is it:

Ski idles fine and all day if you'd like, go to give her gas and she starts to get up and sometimes runs back to idle, or cuts off completely. She cuts off completely at full throttle every time.

Carbs have been cleaned, gaskets and float pins replaced. Anything else I can check for next?

Comment

Oh and one more thing. Don't know if it pertains to anything, but she will hall butt in reverse with no cutout at all. I guess I could just ride her in circles backwards all day. Not funny! I'm getting a bit frustrated now because I have usually already been riding her for about 3 months. I don't have but about 2 more months to have her out on the water, but may consider a wetsuit this year.

Comment

fuel restriction...or exhaust leak...how old is fuel filter...is there any water in it? empty it's contents into a cup...if you see water then you need to clean the carbs again as well as tank....

Comment

Fuel and filter are brand new, no water or leaks. Carbs have been cleaned, gaskets and float pins replaced, and compression is perfect. What else can you think of?

Comment

Remove and inspect the fuel tank check valve. You should be able to blow through it one way, but not both ways. If bad, replace.
                    "Helping you make smart choices about your money - so you can live a better life."

Comment

Uncle Buck, help! I'm running out of Summer! Checked the valve on the fuel tank and we can only blow one way. What else?

Comment

One more thing, it looks like water has gotten into the digital speedometer. We can still see the speed, fuel levels, etc. but it just looks like a wet half moon. Is there any way to dry it out, or like everything else, will we need to replace it too?

Comment

replacement......

Comment

I have a 94 Waverunner III 700. I'm basically having the same problems you are having. I did all the basic tune-up stuff. I rebuilt the carb and when I did everything looked great except the fuel filter it was packed about 80% with a white powdery substance. I put her back in the water and she ran great for about 3 hours then she would bog out again, same old problem. So now I was convinced that it had to be some type of fuel or intake problem. I have good compression, she fires up right and she will run for about 10 minutes ok then she shuts down. Since I did everything you did (new plugs, new fuel & filter, rebuilt carb, etc) I started at my fuel tank and went forward. Everything looked fine, so I thought it had to be the reeds, I took them apart and they were clean and in good working condition. Since I had the carb off anyway I figured what the heck and took it apart, I found that the fuel filter inside was very dirty I cleaned it up like new. Now I had only ran it for about 3 hours prior to me cleaning and rebuilding so I can't wait to see if this is it. I have to wait on a gasket for my reeds, it comes in Thursday. I'll let you know how it goes. If you have time I would check that fuel filter in the carb to be safe and rule out anything there.

SBT, When I took the carb apart one of the gaskets ( the one that looks like a circle with a line through it and a house on top) (sorry you try explanning how it looks) inside had some how expanded it wouldn't fit back in and I had to use a new one. I had bought the 2 kits from SBT so I used the one from my second kit. Has this happened to anyone else? Is this normal? I did have to run the ski back with the ckoke closed. She smoked alot ran rough.

Comment

TeeGee, did you completely rebuild both carbs (including new kits) when you rebuilt them?
                              "Helping you make smart choices about your money - so you can live a better life."

Comment

Uncle-Buck, both carbs were completely rebuilt, but now I'm thinking it may be the reed valves. However, they haven't been removed in order to check as of yet. If it could be the reeds, what specifically should I be looking for?

Comment

Working...
                                X