Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you exit bilge fitting on a Raider?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you exit bilge fitting on a Raider?

HI Bryan, where do i exit the bilge pump fitting on my 701 Raider hull,i need a place where i can turn it on so i can see when the water stops coming out.It does not get much water in the hull,it is a means of insurance.
    als

I mounted mine on the left side rught under where the hood closes. sort of where the inside of your calf would be when you have your legs forward.
    the pump needs to be mounted as far back as you can mount it.
    Rob

Comment

Thanks again Rob,ive mounted it under the drive shaft coupler,i was looking at exiting the bilge at the left side where the bypass comes out,as in the hull there is already a cut away in the polestyrene in the hull.
      What do you think,or is yours further back than this Rob?
      thanks
      Allan.
      als

Comment

What ive done is taken off the syphon plastic square thingie (I know real technical) and then used the hose as the hose for the bilge pump. The syphon has a plastic 90* piece on it. DONT REMOVE IT because it contains a one way flapper. youll see a hole on the side of it jsut put a small screw thogh it so when you turn on the bilge water doesnt squirt out of it.. also what I did at that point was to take off the hose where it comes out of the hull and attaches to the pump and added a extra lenght of hose and then tan it to stick through the back of one of the holes that has the plastic black round things. ( tie down holes? I only use one so I use the other one so i could see the water coming out.
        it keeps it clean and you dont have to drill your hull
        Rob

Comment

Working...
        X