Magneto Gasket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magneto Gasket

Well, once again my Idle Gear assembly on my '99 GP1200 is hanging up and just letting the sarter spin without starting the engine. I've removed it to lube it but am faced with a dilemma; is it really necessary to put the gasket that goes between the engine and magneto assembly, at a cost of $39 (incl. S & H), or will a good quality gasket sealant be sufficient? I know the maintenance manual shows it, but it just seems such a rip-off for that much money for such a flimsy little gasket. Yes, owning PWC are expensive and that just goes with the terrotory, just looking for some input and thoughts, thanks.

Re: Magneto Gasket

This time do it right and replace it. Lubing is never a permanent fix. Yes you could use a bead of gasket maker.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Thanks Tech Support, I can apply that money towards the new starter drive.

Comment

One more question, what exactly wears out on this item, the teeth look good, it seems that there might be some slight corrosion on the shaft and that's why it's not rotating to engage the flywheel. Just wondering. Thanks.

Comment

Ummm...try one of these...

http://www.sbtontheweb.com/Merchant2...gory_Code=48-4

And possibly one of these...verify this will work on your ski before buying.

http://www.sbtontheweb.com/Merchant2...tegory_Code=39
          Visit www.pwctoday.com for techical help

Comment

Wow, much cheaper than from Yamaha, thanks Skraggy.

Comment

Np...
              Visit www.pwctoday.com for techical help

Comment

Working...
              X