94 WaveRunner 3 Carb questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 WaveRunner 3 Carb questions

I have a 94 WaveRunner 3 (WRA700) with a stock single carb. I have a couple of questions about the fuel system.

I'm wondering what type/model the carb is on this model?

Would you recommend replacing the choke with a primer kit (the choke is working fine)?

I've read the FAQs on initial carb settings but don't understand why there are three settings when the carb only has two mixture adjustment screws (not counting the idle speed screw)? The FAQ says:

700 - Low Speed – 5/8 +/- ¼
    High Speed – 5/8(M), 1-1/8(P) +/- ¼

I don't understand the two High Speed settings? Which do I use?

Thanks for any help and advice you can provide.

Barry
    Do or do not - there is no "try"!

Re: 94 WaveRunner 3 Carb questions

Don't know if this is much help, but my single carb 91 Waverunner LX 650 sort of does this. Look closely at the carb and go to the carb rebuild section here and match it up. I used the SBT carb kit, and it greatly improved the performance, mostly by cleaning and replacing the old, stiff gaskets, etc. I think the fuel pump parts helped a lot. I just put the same needle settings back, except that I turned the idle up some.

It is most likely a Mikuni BN or Super BN, or a close cousin.

Comment

The adjustments you are showing are for a twin carb unit hence (m) =mag side carb (p)= pto or prop side carb
      YoSA "Best Yamaha Dealer in the Lone Star State"

Comment

Thanks for the quick responses.

Any idea which one I would use in a single carb setup? If I understand a couple of the other posts correctly, the screw lowest on the carb is the low speed screw and the higher one (closest to air filter) is the high speed screw.

If true, my high speed screw is facing forward (mag) so would I use that setting or is there a separate setting for single carb setups?

Comment

Start with the richer 1 1/8 setting and go from there to obtain best loaded rpm.
          YoSA "Best Yamaha Dealer in the Lone Star State"

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'll try those.

Being as this is my first ski, any idea what model carb would be on it? It looks to be totally stock.

Another stupid question - where's the fuel pump on one of these? Is it mechanical attached to the engine or electric?

Comment

Working...
            X