starter relay xlt 1200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starter relay xlt 1200

yamaha xlt 1200 starter relay may be bad...i was thinking about fixing this myself...at first my problem was ,push start nothing.tried to jump it nothing. start appears in the gauge when i hit buttton...no clicking sound from the relay though ...i read on another thread to check power to a brown wire at the relay,only problem is i haven found the relay yet..i read that it was in the electrical box.is that the box with the 4 fuses under the cap,where the spark plug wires screw into...if so do i need to remove that box or does it open up for access ?

thanks in advance

Re: starter relay xlt 1200

yes, that's it...gain as much slack from the wires to it and pull it up out of the ski...jump across the large red relay wires (batt to starter) with large screwdriver to see if starter will turn engine over...with good battery, starter should work...

Comment

OK.thanks...

I'm going to give it a shot tomorrow.....should be a piece of cake. I just never worked on a wave runner before..always like to learn something new.Took marine mechanics back in high school,(1983),,doesn't help me much in my law enforcement career though

Comment

use a volt meter it's easier.
        clip one wire to the neg post on batt.
        and the other on the red wire on starter.
        press start look for 12 volts

Comment

Working...
        X