96 Wave Venture 700

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 Wave Venture 700

We are interested in a 96 Wave Venture that we may buy with 165 hours on it. When it goes on the water it moves, but it kept cutting out and was very touchy about staying running at idle speed. We were told it has to warm up, and that we would get a feel for it, and we were wondering if this sounds right. They are changing the spark plugs and taking it back out tomorrow and said they had no problem with it last week. Any advice about this.....this will ve our first jet ski.

Re: 96 Wave Venture 700

It's a good reliable ski. I recommend that you read the article on buying a used PWC: http://server1.sbtontheweb.com/forum...ad.php?t=13975 . You need to actually do what it says in order to make a fair trade.

BTW, what is the asking price? I know where you can buy a '95 Venture 700 with less than 30 hours on it for $2,500 (includes the trailer).

Good luck.
    Last edited by uncle-buck; 07-13-2005, 11:08 PM. Reason: add comment
    "Helping you make smart choices about your money - so you can live a better life."

Comment

I just bought a 95 a few weeks ago and rode it for the first 2 tanks of gas last sat and sunday. I think a wave venture would make a great first ski but maybe not the one you looked at.

No you should not have to wait for it to warm up before it stops cutting out and no you should not have to get used to it in order for it to idle correctly. In short the seller sounds like a dis honest piece of s it that is trying to take advantage of you .. I say run away from that seller and that ski.

I think the seller is peeing on your leg and telling you it's raining.
      *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*
      Just because you are paranoid, it doesn't mean people aren't talking about you

Comment

He is asking 2500, we said no more than 2250.00....not sure about buying now.

Comment

If compression is OK in both cylinders (145 - 150 psi w/ cold motor and throttle wide open), and everything else checks out, you're probably still going to spend approx. $200 getting the carbs rebuilt and approx. $200 replacing the oil injection system (assuming you do it yourself).

dowkk is correct. The ski should not run like that. The seller may be dishonest, or he may just be ignorant about how it should run - you have to decide which it is. If you think he's dishonest, look for another ski. If you feel that he's just uninformed, you may want to pursue it.

$2,250 is a fair price for a '96 Venture with that many hours - but only if everything checks out.
          "Helping you make smart choices about your money - so you can live a better life."

Comment

Working...
          X