Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• big problem water shooting out spk plug holes

please help.........

just change my starter relay.....pulled out spark plugs and cranked engine over...water is shooting out of all 3 spark plug holes....engine was winterized last fall...this is the 2nd attemp to start it this season..my father probably tried starting it with the garden hose attached a few weeks ago.... i didnt not use the hose yet..just wanted to crank it over first....i know the exhaust flushes out with the water ..is there any way water could back up into the engine cylinders throught the reed valve or might i have a crack in the block....

i crank it over and the water shoots upward like it being pumped into the cylinders..needlees to say my shirt is ruined

thanks in advance

Re: big problem water shooting out spk plug holes

I bet your Dad turned on the water first before he tried to start it. Sounds like you got some big problems if it's been sitting for weeks with the cylinders full of water.

Comment

Yep, it's done. Make sure anyone that tries to use the machine knows how from now on. Sorry it happened though!
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

[QUOTE.i crank it over and the water shoots upward like it being pumped into the cylinders..needlees to say my shirt is ruined
        [/QUOTE]
        Sorry to say more than your shirt may be ruined.
        *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*
        Just because you are paranoid, it doesn't mean people aren't talking about you

Comment

well after watching video .i rolled wave runner over on its sideby my self.supported it with a garden rake (what a pain in the neck that was...cranked it over.got the water out ... got it running and it seems to be running fine...hopefully there wasnt to much internal rust buildup on the inside of the motor.............any opinions gladly appreciated.

thanks everyone for all your support..........

Comment

Sorry to hear about your motor. The reality is that you probably need a complete rebuild. And the carbs may need rebuilding, too. When water is ingested into a motor, you have a very short period of time to get it running and dry out the internal parts. It sounds like that window has long since closed in your case.

This is probably a shock to you and something you don't wan't to hear. I believe the most cost effective approach for you will be to buy an SBT rebuilt motor.

Good luck.
            "Helping you make smart choices about your money - so you can live a better life."

Comment

so does that mean if i take it out for a ride im going to blow it up......it seemed to be running fine for about 10 mins out in the back yard....rev'd it up and it sounded strong.........................

Comment

only one way to find out...

letting it sit isn't going to help anymore at this point. IMO if its running fine now it'll probably run fine...but like i said, only one way to find out..

Comment

Rust particles get into the bearings in the bottom end and eventually you have a catastrophic failure - which can be very expensive.

No one ever wants to hear this. The engine runs fine now and you don't want to spend the money since everything seems OK. It a matter of when and how much - not if. Good luck.
                  "Helping you make smart choices about your money - so you can live a better life."

Comment

i still say might as well try it, at worst it fails terribly and you still get an engine from SBT but, at worst, have to pay a little extra to have some cases repaired or something... i'm in the middle of a rebuild right now actually

Comment

Run it tomorow if you can. The water inside it now has lots of air to start forming rust.

If it does blow and damage the cases or cylinders beyond repair the good new is that it's a yamaha and there are a lot of used parts out there.
                      Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Working...
                      X